FLEX Account Facts
- The FLEX account is a campus debit account, which is separate from your student account in Banner and the dining/meal plan accounts.
- The VSU 1Card and its associated accounts/privileges may only be used by the person whose photo, name, and identification number appear on the card. An individual's VSU 1Card will be confiscated and all associated privileges suspended if anyone other than the cardholder presents the card for use. *Cards confiscated by VSU employees or contractors (for any reason) should be returned to the 1Card office. Please use the "Confiscated Card" form when sending the card to 1Card.
- If you attempt to transfer excess financial aid to your FLEX account and have insufficient funds; have a returned check; or a denied credit/debit card, a hold will be placed on your student account (this hold may result in dropped classes, and you will be responsible for repayment of any goods/services received.
- Contact the at (229) 333-5666 for questions regarding its use of the VSU FLEX account.
- VSU reserves the right to make appropriate adjustments/corrections to the amounts assigned to the FLEX account.
Add Money to Your FLEX Account
- Add funds online by using the . All major credit cards accepted, except American Express.
- Add funds via cash or check at the VSU 1Card Services office (no starter or counter checks).
- Add funds by depositing cash at one of the Value Transfer Stations (VTS) located in the mail room at Hopper Residence Hall, 2nd floor of the Student Union, and Odum Library.
Instructions for Transferring Excess Financial Aid Funds to FLEX
How to transfer funds
- Subtract matriculation and all other fees from the financial aid awarded to you; this should allow you to determine whether excess funds are available. If you do have excess funds, use the following steps to submit a transfer request:
- Access your
- Click on "Select FLEX Transfer Request" link on the Student Main Menu
- Select the current term
- Enter amount to transfer to FLEX
- Click "Submit FLEX Request"
- Confirm Request Amount
- Always check the dates you may deposit excess financial aid to FLEX, as these dates change each semester (published on the VSU 1Card website's home page).
- If you receive a late financial aid award after the FLEX link is deactivated in Banner and have confirmed that excess is available to transfer (after all mandatory tuition/fees have been paid), please contact the VSU Bursary via the following form:
- Any class or fee changes will affect the results (matriculation, meal plans, housing, parking decals/fines, lab fees, etc. are automatically deducted first with no exceptions).
- If you do not have excess funds in your student account please do not attempt to add funds to your FLEX account. You will have to deposit funds into FLEX with a credit card, check or cash. If you attempt to transfer funds that are not available, it will result in a hold on your student account and possibly dropped classes.
- If you do have excess funds in your student account, designate the desired available amount and follow the instructions in Banner.
- Wait at least 30 minutes for your funds to be available for use; longer delays are normal during the first week of each semester.
- Confirmations of FLEX account funds, account balance inquiries, transaction history and card suspension must be done via the Online Card Office or in-person.
- Do not use a cell phone or tablet to make transfers (may cause multiple transfers to go through).